POHANG INTERNATIONAL FIREWORKS FESTIVAL 2019
Pohang, also known as the ‘City of Light and Fire’ organized its one of the most anticipated festival i.e. International Fireworks Festival from 31st May to 2nd June 2019.
This year the fireworks festival was held under the theme “70 Years History of Pohang Hope lighten up with Fireworks”.
I have heard a lot about Pohang Fireworks festival. It was on my bucket list to see while I am in Korea.
I was really happy when I found out that Pohang fireworks festival was added for June month’s fam tour.
During the festival period, various events took place such as Busking, Random Dance Play with celebrity, Light & Fire Parade, Light & Fire Radio, and Fireworks show.
I have attended the festival on the second day that was on 1st June. The main Fireworks show took place on the 1st of June from 9 PM to 10 PM.
This year the firework show was by Korea, Japan, and Canada.
The fireworks show by all three countries was splendid and extravagant. Like any other person over there I was also awed by the beauty of Fireworks.
Every time a firework went into the sky I could hear “와 예뻐” which means ‘wow so beautiful’ in English.
Everyone was captivated by the beauty of lightened up sky.
The tickets are for free. You have to book it online if you want the seats near the main venue.
With the ticket, you are given a band at the venue to put on your wrist.
One can enjoy the festival even without the tickets but you won’t be able to get inside the reserved seat area.
You can enjoy the splendid fireworks show from outside.
1. Even though the festival takes place in mid-summer at night the wind might become a little chilly.
So I advise to wear a long sleeve t-shirt or bring a long sleeve shirt to put on a tee in case you feel cold.
2. Ticket holders of the festival get chairs inside the venue to sit on. However, if you are not able to get a ticket, bring a small picnic mat and enjoy from outside.
3. If you don’t want to wait in a long line to go to washroom don’t drink too much water or any other liquids.
4. There is no battery charging facility in the festival zone so don’t forget to bring battery backups unless you want to miss capturing those beautiful moments.
5. If you are bringing your camera it would be nice to bring your tripod to capture those beautiful moments sharp.
Location- Hyeongsangang Riverside Sports Park
Reaching there- Take Bus number 101 or 175.
If time allows I suggest you to visit Oceanview café ‘DO NOT DISTURB’.
The café offers a beautiful view of the café. It has various photo zones as well where you can click aesthetic pictures for your Instagram or Facebook feed.
Address : 1572, Heunghae-eup, Buk-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do